Happy people are the most inspired. No-one built a brand in a bad mood. That’s why we’ve created a workplace that allows people to take risks, find mischief, have a voice, speak up, out, call it and never be afraid to be challenged.
We’re on the lookout to expand our team a little. If bandstand feels like the right fit, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for an ambitious Production Manager to play a major part in the successful and profitable running of the agency.
First, a bit about us.
We’re an independent full-service agency who are curious, fearless, honest and passionate – with a large dose of fun and mischief thrown in.
bandstanders hail from all parts of the creative industry; from big brand consultancies to brand owners, advertising agencies to pure digital shops and everything in-between, which allows us to see things differently; it allows us to question everything, positively.
It means we’re at home working with clients on business and brand strategy, through to design and visual identities, ads, social campaigns, web builds and moving image in-house – as one slightly dysfunctional family.
We’re not sector-based; it keeps things interesting and broadens our horizons. In essence we create simple, bold work, that works. We have a diverse portfolio of clients including luxury goods, film, travel, retail, charity, property and public sector.
Culture-first is everything to us – and we all look out for one another when needed.
Now, who we’re after
Your primary focus will be to support the production department and be a consistent production voice within the agency, helping inform and guide teams (strategy, creative and client services) on our production output to ensure our work is at a consistently high standard, and on budget. The majority of our work is moving image and a proven background in this area is essential.
A secondary focus will be to help with studio management; including resource and liaison with client services. The studio will be your home and you will own it!
Providing support to production department
- To aid production of multiple content-based, conceptual and digital and print campaigns including pre-production, production and post-production support.
- Production scheduling & planning
- To provide practical knowledge to studio on how production projects should be implemented, delivering solutions in relation to brief and budget.
- To help analyse and scope out creative production ideas to ensure they are achievable on time and within budget.
- Budgeting production projects ahead of EP sign-off.
- To be responsible for production budgetary control and authorisation of spending associated with the projects, conducting timely reconciliations with the Heads of Department and Finance teams.
- Work closely with both EP and freelance producers to ensure they are kept up to date on any project/ scope changes and have a robust production plan in place.
- Booking freelancers, equipment and talent.
Being a guardian of time within the studio team
- To manage & schedule studio resource and ensure teams are working on their assigned work including sharing daily workflows.
- To facilitate any changes needed to the studio workflow are properly agreed with account holders and the creative department.
- Establish and maintain effective working relations within the agency.
- Ensure that teams are resourced efficiently & holistically with the wider picture in mind.
- Being aware of all projects going through the agency.
- Ensure briefs are accurate, approved and briefed prior to work starting.
- Agree resource and talent on projects for each brief, working with client services & creative leads.
- Ensuring work is delivered to the set deadline.
- Compiling and updating creative resource schedules regularly.
- Aiding the client services team on achieving milestones & helping forward plan.
- Liaising with and booking freelancers when necessary, bolstering bandstand’s black book of contacts.
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ production/studio experience of delivering of multi-discipline campaigns, with shoot experience for short form Advertising/ Corporate/Promotional campaigns.
- Have particular experience working in moving image and a good understanding of the different requirements at pre-, production, and post- stages.
- Have worked for a well-respected agency/in-house creative department.
- Have experience in creating complex timing plans.
- Have experience building budgets and tracking finances.
- Have pro-active problem-solving abilities.
- Have an ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment a must.
- Have a flexible / can do approach.
- Have great people & time management.
- Have exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
bandstand promotes a ‘People First’ philosophy and reward staff’s hard work with a whole host of soft benefits and company away days as well as a competitive salary package.
If any of this tickles your fancy, and you think the above sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Please apply with a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strictly no agencies please.
We’re looking for an exceptional Midweight Hybrid Creative/Designer to join bandstand. We’re a fun, energetic family with bags of character and a pretty neat drinks trolley.
We’re after someone with experience of creating brands from scratch and seeing them through to completion, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to inject ideas along the way. We don’t want design-by-numbers; we want to see some serious spark thrown into every piece of work.
First, a bit about us.
We’re an independent full-service agency who is curious, fearless, honest and passionate – with a big dose of fun and mischief thrown in.
bandstanders hail from all parts of the creative industry; from big brand consultancies to brand owners, advertising agencies to pure digital shops and everything in between. That means we’re at home working with clients on business and brand strategy, through to design and visual identities, ads, social campaigns, web builds and moving image in-house – all as one slightly dysfunctional family.
Sector-wise, we’re pretty promiscuous. We like to keep things exciting – luxury goods, film, travel, retail, charity, property and public sector. But whatever we do, we want to create simple, bold work, that works.
Culture is everything to us – and we all look out for one another when needed.
Now, who we’re after.
- You’ll need to respond to varied briefs and deliver highly engaging creative work across a variety of disciplines, from branding to ad campaigns, websites to brochures, films to photoshoots.
- Bring your ideas to life visually through moodboards, scamps, storyboards, mock-ups, designs or any other means you know will work best.
- Take your ideas from concept right through to execution yourself, working alongside our in-house production/artwork team to ensure a high-quality finish.
- Work collaboratively with, and be a vocal member of, our team of hybrid creatives to bring your ideas to life, or be required to use your own initiative and work independently.
- Seek and take feedback and guidance from our Head of Creative and Design Director.
- Be confident in presenting your work and the ideas behind it, both internally and externally to clients.
- Have the ability to smoothly slip over to other roles to cover absence or help pick up the slack, from production bits, design amends to art direction.
- Push and elevate bandstand’s creative output at all times.
- Are a hands-on, enthusiastic, energetic creative designer with a great eye for detail, a big sprinkle of flair and sense of humour. You’ll have at least 5 years of agency experience developing creative and crafting the design from concept through to completion.
- Have an in-depth understanding of, and passion for, art direction, design, layout and typography.
- Have excellent attention to detail and very high standards for design.
- Can work collaboratively in person, or remotely using a range of tools including Microsoft programmes and Google Docs.
- Are enthusiastic, eager to learn, unafraid to do things differently and have a can-do attitude.
- Are a team player.
- Are a problem solver who thrives on cracking a client’s brief and pushing it further than expected.
- Aren’t afraid to throw in the odd cheeky Marmite idea.
- Are willing to step outside of your comfort zone and “the norm” and give basically anything a bash.
- Are used to working on multiple clients at any one time.
- Stay culturally aware, with your finger on the pulse of new work and an interest in current trends and influences.
- At least 5 years’ agency experience.
- A broad portfolio of work that demonstrates your design talent across branding, marketing, campaigns and advertising.
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch, with a focus on InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of After Effects would be a big plus.