Happy people are the most inspired. No-one built a brand in a bad mood. That’s why we’ve created a workplace that allows people to take risks, find mischief, have a voice, speak up, out, call it and never be afraid to be challenged.
We’re on the lookout to expand our team a little. If bandstand feels like the right fit, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for an exceptional Senior Designer to join us in our exciting integrated agency in Soho. We’re looking for someone with experience of creating brands from scratch and seeing them through to completion, a keen eye for detail, passion for digital and a real team player.
First, a bit about us.
We’re an independent full-service creative agency who are curious, fearless, honest and passionate – with a large dose of fun and mischief thrown in.
bandstanders hail from all parts of the creative industry; from big brand consultancies to brand owners, advertising agencies to pure digital shops and everything in-between, which allows us to see things differently; it allows us to question everything, positively. It means we’re at home working with clients on business and brand strategy, through to design and visual identities, ads, social campaigns, web builds and moving image in-house – as one slightly dysfunctional family.
We’re not sector-based; it keeps things interesting and broadens our horizons. In essence we create simple, bold work, that works. We have a diverse portfolio of clients including luxury goods, film, travel, retail, charity, property and public sector. Culture-first is everything to us – and we all look out for one another when needed.
Now, who we’re after.
- You’ll need to respond to varied briefs and deliver highly engaging creative work across a variety of disciplines.
- Bring your ideas to life visually through mood-boards, scamps, storyboards, mock-ups, designs or any other means you know will work best.
- Take your ideas from concept right through to execution yourself, working alongside our inhouse production/artwork team to ensure a high-quality finish.
- Work collaboratively with and be a vocal member of our team of hybrid creatives to bring your ideas to life or, be required to use your own initiative and work independently.
- Seek and take feedback and guidance from our Design Director who heads up the Creative Department.
- Be confident in presenting your work and the ideas behind it, both internally and externally to clients.
- Have the ability to smoothly slip over to other roles to cover absence or help pick up the slack, from production bits, design amends to art direction.
- Push and elevate bandstand’s creative output at all times.
- Are a hands-on, enthusiastic, energetic brand designer with a great eye for detail, a big sprinkle of flair and sense of humour. You’ll have at least 8 years of agency experience developing brands and crafting the design from concept through to completion.
- Think digitally and have experience creating brands with a strong web presence.
- Have an in-depth understanding of, and passion for, art-direction, design, layout and typography.
- Have excellent attention to detail and very high standards for design.
- Can work collaboratively in person, or remotely using a range of tools including Microsoft programmes and Google Docs.
- Are enthusiastic, eager to learn, unafraid to do things differently and have a can-do attitude.
- Are a team player.
- Are a problem solver who thrives on cracking a client’s brief and pushing it further than expected.
- Aren’t afraid to throw in the odd cheeky, Marmite idea.
- Are willing to step outside of your comfort zone and “the norm” and give basically anything a bash.
- Are used to working on multiple clients at any one time.
- Stay culturally aware, with your finger on the pulse of new work and an interest in current trends and influences.
- At least 8 years’ agency experience.
- A broad portfolio of work that demonstrates your design talent.
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite, with a focus on InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, and skilled in figma, sketch or XD.
- Knowledge of After Effects would be a big plus.
Strictly no agencies. If you’re interested in applying for this role,
please send your portfolio with a covering note through to email@example.com